In 1966, two punters placed a large bet on England to win the World Cup. What did they do with their winnings? They opened a betting shop one year later…That betting shop became what we now know as Betfred.
That’s now looking like one of the most lucrative bets in history as they are now the world’s largest independent bookmaker.
To encourage people to use the Betfred service in their 50th year of business, they have some great bonuses on offer. We’re going to tell you everything you need to know about them.
How to get the Betfred Promo Code
If you want to find the Betfred sign up offer, you’ll need to log onto the Betfred website.
On the top right hand side of the website, you’ll see a tab that says ‘Promotions’. When you click on this, you’ll go to the Betfred promo code page. This displays all of the Betfred offers available.
The first one you’ll notice is the Betfred new customer offer, with a button that directs you to ‘Sign up now’. By clicking on this, you’ll be taken to a signup form.
You must enter details such as your name, email address, date of birth, username and password. There is also a Betfred promo code box if you have an actual code.
Once you’ve signed up, you just need to fulfill the qualifying criteria of the Betfred sign up offer to receive your free bet. We’ll go into how you can do this further in the article.
There are also Betfred offers for existing customers on the promo page. These change regularly, so it’s worth exploring this page every so often.
How to use a Betfred promo code
Usually, a Betfred promo code is given to people that are already customers.
They may send you a Betfred promo code from time-to-time, along with instructions and a link to the relevant offer.
Copy and paste your Betfred promo code and it’ll take you to the member’s section of the website.
Typically though, offers are available to everyone, so you won’t always need a Betfred promo code. Just read the terms and conditions of the offer and make sure you fulfil the requirements.
For example, if the offer is “Bet £10 on any first goalscorer market and get a free £10 bet if your bet loses”, then you’ll need to find a first goalscorer market. Then you just need to place £10 on that market and you’ll automatically gain eligibility for the offer.
If you’re new to betting, you may not be aware that T&Cs play a big part in the offers given by betting companies. Some are more straightforward than others. But it’s definitely worth giving these a read these so you’re not left out of pocket.
The terms and conditions for the Betfred new customer offers will differ from the Betfred offers for existing customers. But we’ll give you a breakdown of the key terms and conditions for the Betfred sign up offer to give you an idea of what you should be looking out for:
- The Betfred new customer offer is strictly available for new customers only. If you had a Betfred account 5 years ago that you’ve since forgotten about, you may have the offer withdrawn if you open a new account.
- The Betfred offers system is automated, so it will only recognise your first bet in conjunction with the new customer offer.
- Typically, bookmakers state that your first bet must be at specific odds or greater. Betfred state that your bet must be placed at odd of 2.0 or greater.
- If you deposit with any method other than a debit or credit card, you will have to go through verification checks before you’re deemed eligible for the offer.
- Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of it being placed. So don’t bet on any long term markets.
- Once you receive the free bet from your Betfred offer, you have just 7 days in which to use it. So keep an eye out for this.
- When placing your bets with your free bet tokens, keep in mind that the free bet stake isn’t included in your returns.
What are the payment options?
While a credit or debit card deposit is the most straight forward if you’re taking part in the Betfred new customer offer, you have a wide range of other banking options also.
The payment options are:
- Maestro/Visa/Visa Electron debit or credit cards
- Bank transfer
The maximum and minimum withdrawal times for each banking method differs. As does the times it takes for a payment to process. While deposits are instant, it can take between 1 hour (Skrill) and 3-5 days (debit/credit card) for your withdrawals to process.
How to profit from a Betfred promo code
If you want to know how you can profit from Betfred offers, you’re in the right place. Betfred offer a solid range of offers, and some of them are great with matched betting.
Matched betting is a simple strategy which can help you massively increase your chances of turning free bets into cash. OddsMonkey’s service holds walks you through this step-by-step to help you with this process.
If you’re interested in learning more about what matched betting is, check out our video which explains how it works. Or download our Introduction to Matched Betting:
OddsMonkey gives the Betfred new customer offer a one star rating. Now, this doesn’t mean we think it’s rubbish! It actually means it’s one of the easiest offers to complete, and totally suitable for a beginner. Find out more about matched betting with OddsMonkey here.